Current time: 11-14-2018, 05:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Welcome to Your Cash Chat Not only is the official forum of the Your Money Making group of sites (find news, special offers and more) but also a great place to chat about money making ventures on the net!
Earn points for your activity on this forum - then convert them into great gifts and even cash! Read more here
Advertise Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did you celebrate Halloween?
11-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Did you celebrate Halloween?
I went trick or treating with my granddaughter who dressed up as a cat and it seem unusually quiet this year. The weather was bad though so maybe it was that. Do you celebrate Halloween, maybe take a child out or perhaps offer sweets to children that come round to the door or do you dress up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2018, 12:56 AM
RE: Did you celebrate Halloween?
I did not. I dont have kids, and the neighborhood kids have all grown up, so we havent had trick or tr-eaters here for about 8 years

I spent the night watching tv

I live in a town of about 4000 people, so every year, the different police force's go downtown and them and all the shops hand out candy to the kids, which I think is great

My Blog - $8,000+ Earned to Date
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2018, 04:54 AM
I think for me it was watching TV. I watched mostly creepy stuff on the netflix. And it was a fun time. We don't have trick or treat here.
11-02-2018, 07:55 AM
I thought it was unusually quiet too. We took the kids out through the neighborhood, and I didn't see many trick or treaters out at all, although there were plenty of houses passing out candy. Our house only got one group.
11-02-2018, 09:58 PM
(11-02-2018 07:55 AM)spiderdust Wrote:  I thought it was unusually quiet too. We took the kids out through the neighborhood, and I didn't see many trick or treaters out at all, although there were plenty of houses passing out candy. Our house only got one group.

My house is along a footpath which is out of sight so we don't get many callers. We put a pumpkin outside for trick or treaters to see that we celebrate and someone nicked it!
11-04-2018, 08:05 PM
We don't celebrate Halloween in my country but I would have loved to always be a part if I was in those Halloween celebrating countries
11-05-2018, 02:46 PM
I think it's been celebrated because of the business more these days than the actual the day of the dead mexican festival. that's what I have learned.
11-05-2018, 05:18 PM
(11-04-2018 08:05 PM)ufan Wrote:  We don't celebrate Halloween in my country but I would have loved to always be a part if I was in those Halloween celebrating countries

It has a down side too. Some people throw eggs at people's windows. I've had that happen to me before.
11-06-2018, 08:28 AM
No, I did not. Thinking about dressing out next year and buying Halloween things to our house.

We got Halloween here in Denmark last year.
11-10-2018, 03:55 PM
I did not. In my country, there is not such thing as Halloween. I only learnt about it through reading books and watching movies.