Current time: 11-15-2018, 12:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Welcome to Your Cash Chat Not only is the official forum of the Your Money Making group of sites (find news, special offers and more) but also a great place to chat about money making ventures on the net!
Earn points for your activity on this forum - then convert them into great gifts and even cash! Read more here
Advertise Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick, easy, kid friendly dinner?
10-29-2018, 04:39 AM
Quick, easy, kid friendly dinner?
Tonight we're decorating our jack o'lanterns for Halloween. The other half gets home from work just in time for dinner, so I'm trying to think of a quickly-eaten, easy-to-clean-up dinner so we can work on our pumpkins right after eating.

I thought of hot dogs, but I don't have enough on hand (plus I was planning on making "mummy dogs" for dinner on Halloween, and don't want to serve them again so soon).

Any ideas? I, unfortunately, have very picky stepkids, which makes it harder.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2018, 04:48 AM
RE: Quick, easy, kid friendly dinner?
hah hotdogs were going to be my idea too

Hmm something quick and easy to clean up
grilled cheese sandwiches and soup?
Pancakes?

It takes me all day to come up with and decide on something for dinner, sorry Wink

My Blog - $8,000+ Earned to Date
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2018, 05:34 AM
I'd do toasted cheese and soup, but half of them hate soup and would just flat out reject the meal. Dodgy

The kids suggested pizza. My wallet says no. Undecided
10-29-2018, 06:52 AM
how old are they? Old enough to cook themselves? Its an hour later so what did you decide? What about mac n cheese?

My Blog - $8,000+ Earned to Date
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2018, 09:19 AM
(10-29-2018 06:52 AM)msmoneybags Wrote:  how old are they? Old enough to cook themselves? Its an hour later so what did you decide? What about mac n cheese?

I think I'm making chili and cornbread. Two of them will still complain, but I have leftovers they can choose from instead.

If they don't like either of those options, their choices are "take it or leave it". Wink
10-29-2018, 05:23 PM
My granddaughter is fussy to but she does like pasta which is easy to cook. Her favourite is pasta with a tin of tuna mixed in topped with cheese.
10-30-2018, 02:38 AM
(10-29-2018 05:23 PM)Sprite1950 Wrote:  My granddaughter is fussy to but she does like pasta which is easy to cook. Her favourite is pasta with a tin of tuna mixed in topped with cheese.

Someone else recently introduced me to the idea of spaghetti with tuna, which is an idea I never considered. I probably should have thought of it at some point, as I used to like tuna noodle casserole quite a bit (a drained can of tuna mixed with cooked noodles or pasta and a cream sauce, sometimes also mixed with peas and/or cheese, and then baked).
10-30-2018, 04:31 AM
I think anything oat based can be good for kids. but not sure about the oats intake in winter. because that may not be good for body if it's too much intake.
10-30-2018, 12:21 PM
(10-30-2018 04:31 AM)overcast Wrote:  I think anything oat based can be good for kids. but not sure about the oats intake in winter. because that may not be good for body if it's too much intake.

They tend to have oats for breakfast more than dinner.
10-30-2018, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 05:14 PM by Sprite1950.)
(10-30-2018 12:21 PM)spiderdust Wrote:  
(10-30-2018 04:31 AM)overcast Wrote:  I think anything oat based can be good for kids. but not sure about the oats intake in winter. because that may not be good for body if it's too much intake.

They tend to have oats for breakfast more than dinner.

I have to be careful I don't eat too much porridge as it makes my system overactive and i spend too much time in the toilet Confused