Current time: 11-15-2018, 12:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Welcome to Your Cash Chat Not only is the official forum of the Your Money Making group of sites (find news, special offers and more) but also a great place to chat about money making ventures on the net!
Earn points for your activity on this forum - then convert them into great gifts and even cash! Read more here
Advertise Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it rude to ask a person how much they earn?
10-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Is it rude to ask a person how much they earn?
In the UK it is considered rude to ask someone how much they earn but my partner says that in some countries it isn't. In Austria for instance it is quite usual to ask someone and they will happily tell you. How is it in your country?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2018, 05:37 PM
RE: Is it rude to ask a person how much they earn?
I think it is rude. The reason being people start judging you based on your salary and their behavior changes towards that person based on the salary he or she earning. Atleast here in my country.
10-18-2018, 06:08 PM
I don't really know if it is rude here or not, but if someone asks me I will answer them and say how much I'm earning.
10-19-2018, 03:27 AM
If you ask me how much I earn online Im happy to tell you, but I find it rude to ask me in person, and also what kind of job I do. When I was younger, some of my mothers friends would do that, and then if you tell them your out of work, or doing such and such, then you get the "oh ... well maybe something will come up for you" I have to be civil as they are my mothers friends. But sometimes I want to tell them none of your business

My Blog - $8,000+ Earned to Date
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2018, 09:56 AM
It is considered rude where I live. Recently a person that is not even my friend asked me that and as I don't really like her I asked her if she wanted me to lend her some money. I know I gave her a rude answer too but she is quite meddlesome.
10-19-2018, 03:37 PM
(10-19-2018 09:56 AM)nela13 Wrote:  It is considered rude where I live. Recently a person that is not even my friend asked me that and as I don't really like her I asked her if she wanted me to lend her some money. I know I gave her a rude answer too but she is quite meddlesome.

Yes I think it depends who it is. If it's family then I think it's usual to talk about money but not for people we don't know well.
10-19-2018, 08:33 PM
Yes that happens that they ask you what you do. And then they want money from you. So such things happen all the time around.
10-19-2018, 08:37 PM
That is rude. If people are asking here they only want to know what you do and how much you are earning, not that they want money from you.
10-27-2018, 09:11 PM
it sounds rude anyway but it seem no big deal to some even me. So I do oblige people that ask but such a person must be a close person too.
10-27-2018, 11:08 PM
I think often it is a trap that needs to be avoided. people have to be seriously understanding on how to limit such type of people from your life.